Phillip Island Escape
Here on Phillip Island we enjoy the best of both worlds. We have heart-pumping action during major motor racing events, but we are also home to some of the country’s most pristine beaches and wildlife parks.
Surf the ultimate wave at Cape Woolamai beach, experience life on a historical farm at Churchill Island, or cheer on from the sidelines at the Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix. No visit is complete without a trip to the Penguin Parade, where you can watch the little penguins waddling ashore at sunset – trust us, it’s a once in a lifetime experience.
We might enjoy a calm, rural pace out here, but our restaurants rival any venue you might find in the city. Indulge in some seafood at a restaurant in Cowes, or venture out to Rhyll and San Remo for a beachside brunch.
Gallery (located above) Tropicana Motor Inn (internal and external) , Cowes Inn Jetty, Cowes Beach, Coastal walks, Island Surfboards, Penguin Parade, Island wildlife.
LOCALITY GUIDE FROM TROPICANA MOTOR INN
- Penguin Parade – 13 mins
- Cowes Beach – 300m
- Koala Conservation Centre – 9 mins
- Cape Woolamai Surf Beach – 17 mins
- Smiths Beach – 10 mins
- The Nobbies – 15 mins
- Rhyll Inlett and Conservation Hill Reserve – 10 mins
- Fresh Island National Park – Travel from mainland by ferry
- Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit – 8 mins
- Island Surfboards – 2 mins
- Pioneer Kayaking – 4 mins Phillip Island Holiday Hire – 5 mins
- Phillip Island Golf Club – 6 mins
- Island Charter Boat – 16 mins
- Out There Outdoor Activities– 15mins
- Amaze’n’things – 9 mins
- Churchill Island Heritage Farm – 20 mins
- Phillip Island Chocolate Factory – 15 mins
- Phillip Island Tenpin Bowling & Entertainment Centre– 5 mins
- Rhyll Trout and Bush Tucker – 10 mins
- Pelican Feeding San Remo – 18 mins
- Wildlife Coast Cruises – 2 mins
- State Coal Mine Wonthaggi – 40 mins
- San Remo- 18 mins
- Sorrento – 2 hrs
- Melbourne Airport – 2hrs
Driving times are approximate